Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Finding Rest in God: Oh My Soul: A Reflection on Psalm 91:2

 In a world where we are constantly bombarded with stressors and demands, finding rest can seem like an impossible task. However, Psalm 91:2 reminds us that there is a place of rest and safety for our souls. The psalmist declares, I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' In this verse, we find an invitation to turn to God for the rest our souls crave.

In order to find rest in God, we must first acknowledge that He is our refuge and fortress. This means recognizing that there is safety and security in His presence. When we turn to God and put our trust in Him, we can find a sense of peace that surpasses understanding. This does not mean that our circumstances will magically disappear, but it does mean that we can trust in God's ability to protect and provide for us no matter what.

The phrase Oh my soul in Psalm 91:2 is a reminder that rest is not just a physical state, but a state of being. It encompasses our entire being - body, mind, and spirit. When we find rest in God, it is a deep and abiding peace that comes from knowing that we are held securely in His love. We can rest in the knowledge that God is with us in every moment, and that He will never leave us or forsake us.

Finding rest in God is not always easy, but it is always worth it. When we turn to Him as our refuge and fortress, we can find the peace and security that our souls crave. As we say with the psalmist, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust, may we find rest for our souls in His loving embrace.



No comments:

Post a Comment